The LightScalpel CO2 laser is a device that produces a concentrated beam of light. The highly focused CO2 beam has the unique ability to vaporize cleanly and precisely while sealing blood vessels at the same time. The many advantages of this type of laser, compared to other dental lasers, are the following:
- Minimized Bleeding: As it vaporizes the tissue, the LightScalpel laser seals small blood vessels. This great reduction in bleeding makes surgical procedures like a frenectomy quick and easy. In many cases, no sutures are required.
- Less swelling and Discomfort: The laser beam seals lymphatics, resulting in less post-operative swelling and discomfort associated with traditional scalpel or scissor frenectomy techniques.
- Reduced Risk of Infection: The sanitizing effect of the laser reduces the risk of infection and means faster healing.
- Shortened Surgery Time: Less bleeding results in the improved visibility of the surgical field. The dentist and the team do not have to spend as much time trying to control bleeding, and as a result the duration of the surgery is reduced.
- Faster recovery: Reduced trauma, minimized bleeding, less pain and swelling, and shorter periods of anesthesia mean, in most cases, your child can go back to school the same day.